Baarrooka has over 600 acres of native and improved pastured located in the Strathbogie Ranges--fast becoming 'alpaca central' with 15 breeders and over 2000 alpacas. The property has been purpose-built as an alpaca farm, with shelterbelts, laneways, small and large paddocks and a 19m x 24m shed which includes state-of-the-art veterinary and office facilities.
Farm manager Julie Wilkinson has lifelong animal breeding and husbrandry experience. She has been breeding alpacas since 2001 and currently has a herd of around 600 animals.
Baarrooka can offer:
- Q-Alpaca and non-assessed paddocks and facilities;
- Native and improved pastures;
- Spring fed dams;
- Farm-grown oaten and pasture hay;
- Supplementary feed, seaweed meal and mineral mix;
- Expert, full-time care;
- Accurate measurement and recording of fleece and animal characteristics, including AGE and SRS trait recording;
- All husbandry requirements, including matings, birthings, vaccinating and drenching, shearing and veterinary care;
- Full Embryo Transfer services;
- Access to a huge range of white and coloured suri and huacaya stud males within close proximity;
- Halter training and showing;
- Breeding and herd improvement advice, marketing and brokering services for the purchase and sale of animals.
Prices start at $5/week.
You are invited to come and inspect our facilities at any time.
Julie Wilkinson is available for farm sitting - for a weekend, a couple of weeks or longer. All feeding, animals husbandry and farm chores associated with ensuring you animals are as happy and healthy as when you left. Next holiday, enjoy yourself without worrying about your animals, knowing they are in safe and competent hands.
For enquiries and bookings, contact Julie Wilkinson.